Because the Alvern Gardens Apartments pool will be opening for its 2014 season over Memorial Day weekend, now is the perfect time to discuss some important tips for safety and fun at the pool.
Most every pool has its rules, so make sure you’re familiar with the rules of the pool you frequent. Typical rules include:
- Shower before entering the water
- Wear proper swim attire
- No glass containers
- No swimming during inclement weather
- No diving or splashing
- No profanity
Of course you should always be courteous to your fellow pool patrons, and never leave children unattended.
Here are some additional tips for a healthy day at the pool:
- Apply sunblock half an hour before going outside, and reapply frequently
- Wear a wide brimmed hat or some other head covering to protect yourself against sunstroke
- Drink plenty of water
- Be aware of your surroundings and your fellow swimmers
Whether you live in a community with a pool or you frequent a public or country club pool, following the rules and taking precautions will ensure you have a fun summer.
If you’d like to move to Alvern Gardens Apartments just in time for the 2014 pool season, contact us at 412-561-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org for our availability and current specials. Current residents are welcome to come buy their season passes at the leasing office.