Light Up Night is in its 54th year, and it promises to be a fun-filled evening in downtown Pittsburgh on Friday, November 21.
The festivities start at noon with the Official Tree Lighting Ceremonies:
- Noon: City-County Building Tree Lighting and U.S. Steel Tower Dedication of the Creche
- 5:30 p.m. Allegheny Courthouse Lighting
- 5:45 p.m. One Oxford Centre Lighting & Santa Lights BNY Mellon Season of Lights
- 6 p.m. PPG Plaza Tree Lighting
- 6:45 p.m. Macy’s Holiday Window Unveiling
- 7 p.m. Highmark Unity Tree Lighting with rooftop fireworks
Music for all tastes will be featured at various stages throughout downtown Pittsburgh:
- Clemente Bridge BNY Mellon New Music Stage
- EQT Jazzmasters Stage
- Market Square
- Northwest Savings Bank Stage
Plus, Jamie Lynn Spears (Brittany’s younger sister) is performing at the Macy’s Holiday Window Unveiling.
One Oxford Centre is offering fun for the whole family. Santa will arrive at 5:45, just in time for the tree lighting. He’ll be around, along with his reindeer, until 9 p.m. Free horse-drawn carriage rides will be offered from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., with the last ride starting at 8:45.
There will be ice carvings and live music by the Roger Barbour Jazz Quartet and the Max Leak Trio at Fifth Avenue Place along with other family friendly activities.
At 9:38 p.m., Zambelli Internationale will set off the BNY Mellon Fireworks Finale from the Warhol Bridge.
The ice rink at PPG Place Plaza will be open until midnight, and $1 of each skate admission will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
All the fun can be accessed via the “T”, Pittsburgh’s light rail system. Residents of several Prudential Realty Communities in the South Hills—Alvern Gardens, Place Seville, and Sleepy Hollow—can join the fun without wasting any time or money on parking downtown.