Want to adopt a cat? Here are a couple looking for a forever home.
Do you love bacon? Lots of people do. So many people love bacon that there’s a traveling bacon festival, and it’s coming to Pittsburgh on May 16th.
The America Loves Bacon Festival Tour is making its stop from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Station Square, with a VIP sampling starting at 11:30 a.m.
So what can you expect at a bacon festival? Well, bacon, of course. Lots of it. Both from the ALB touring menu and from local vendors. There will also be live music, comedians, cooking demonstrations, and vendors selling all things bacon, including apparel. Plus, the Children’s Zone will have bacon-themed fun for the little ones.
The event website for the Pittsburgh stop isn’t fully updated yet, but it looks like there will be a full service bar inside the festival for the 21 and over crowd. No specific information about vendors or live acts is available yet.
Tickets are on sale now for $15 general admission, and children 12 and under receive free admission. If you’re a true bacon lover, you could splurge on a $60 VIP ticket and get swag along with access to the VIP sampling before the festival opens for general admission.
The nice thing about the festival’s location is that it’s right on the T and both Red and Blue Line trolleys stop at Station Square. So if the T is convenient for you, you can skip driving and trying to find parking in Station Square.
Looking for an educational experience this weekend? Consider the WWII exhibit opening at the Heinz History Center tomorrow.
It’s National Pet ID Week. Does your pet have an ID? Pet Co and Pet Supplies Plus are both offering specials this week!
Because we have a lot of people moving into apartments in the next couple months, we decided now is the perfect time to offer our list of top 5 things to do when you move.
- Measure everything including your furniture, the spaces you have to fit it through to move it out of your old place, and everything in your new place. Measure the width and height of every door and hallway you’ll be maneuvering through. Measure the dimensions of each room. Make sure your furniture will clear all light fixtures, not just the ceiling. Measure all of your new windows for window treatments. Never assume that all the doors in your new place have the same dimensions—interior doors are often narrower than entryway doors.
- Pack the essentials conveniently so you have immediate access when you get to the new place. What’s essential? Here’s a brief list:
– Toilet paper
– Shower Curtain
– Bathroom floor mat
– Pillows and bedding
– Drinking water or a filter for tap water
– ID and other important paperwork
– Checkbook and other things you’ll need for lease signing
- Manage your utilities and make sure all accounts are in your name that should be. Know when to expect your first bill and contact the company if it doesn’t arrive when expected as this could be a sign that something went wrong or didn’t get done.
- Know the rules about parking at your new place. If you need a parking permit, get that right away. If you have a big moving truck, make sure you’re parking it legally. Heed all signs in the neighborhood and on the property, and check with your landlord on where it’s safe to park for unloading large items as well as what to do until you get your permit.
- Bring plenty of water for your and your moving crew. Even if it’s a mild day, you’ll get hot and sweaty while you move, so make sure you have drinking water handy to keep you hydrated, energized, and happy. While you’re at it, pack some healthy snacks.
Have some moving tips of your own? Comment with your own top 5 below!
Moving, or looking for a new place to move to? Contact Prudential Realty Company for our current availability on apartments and townhouses throughout the Pittsburgh area.