Pittsburgh and the surrounding area is beautiful in autumn, thanks to the changing foliage. Starting later this months, several communities throughout Pittsburgh are celebrating the season with festival fun for all ages. Because there are so many festivals, we’ve curated a list that includes only those with free admission and only those with an explicitly autumnal theme. We also tried to avoid overlapping events, so if you’re a hardcore fan of fall, you could attend every single event on this list, one day at a time.
- Castle Shannon Fall Festival 11 a.m.-3 p.m. September 19th between Park Avenue and Poplar Avenue.
- Green Tree Octoberfest 1 p.m.-9 p.m. September 19th and 1 p.m.-dusk fireworks show September 20th in Green Tree Park.
- 46th Annual Trax Farms Fall Festival Weekends September 19th through October 29th.
- Simmons Farm Fall Activities Weekends September 19th through November 1st.
- Hay Days Fall Festivals at South Park Fairgrounds 11 a.m.-4 p.m. September 26th and noon to 4 p.m. October 17th.
- Scott Township Oktoberfest 11 a.m.-6 p.m. October 3rd in Scott Park.
- Zelienople and Harmony Country Fall Festival 9 a.m.-7 p.m. October 10th and noon to 5 p.m. October 11th.
- Caste Village Spooktacular 11 a.m.-1 p.m. October 24th at Caste Village Shopping Center.
Most of these festivals offer the same standard entertainments like petting zoos and pumpkin decorating, but the varied locations should offer a nice change of pace.