Pittsburgh schools celebrated the start of the 2014-2015 school year this week, and there are schools and school bus stops all over the place so safety is important.
While following traffic laws such as speed limits and school zone is advisable year-round, it’s crucial now that kids are back in those school zones. Drivers: lay off the gas, keep your eyes open, obey the crossing guards, and stop when the school bus tells you to.
If you’re stopped at a 4-way intersection, you need to wait for the bus to tuck in its stop sign before you continue driving. When the kids get off at an intersection, they could be crossing the street in any direction. The bus’s stop sign is meant to stop all traffic in the area until the kids are off the street.
For your reference, here are some important spots around Prudential Communities to look out for students:
- The intersection of Vermont Avenue and Greenridge Road is a school bus stop
- The intersection of Vermont Avenue and Willow Avenue is a school bus stop
- The following schools are near Alvern Gardens Apartments:
- Mt. Lebanon Montessori School and Academy is located at 550 Sleepy Hollow Road near the Sleepy Hollow Townhouses and Apartments
- The following schools are near Cornell Place Apartments:
Please do your part to keep our communities safe: don’t speed, don’t text and drive, signal your turns, and keep your eyes on the road.