We’re not entirely comfortable with providing this list as our end all, be all Top 5, but right now, these are our favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh.
- Shiloh Grill is our newest favorite. The menu is a punny smorgasbord of pop culture references, the servers are friendly, and the food is delicious. Plus, Tuesday night is bacon night!
- Someone Else’s Bar has the friendly, laid back atmosphere you’d expect from a dive frequented exclusively by locals, their burgers and homemade chips are the best in Pittsburgh (at least as far as we’re concerned), and every table comes with a few jars of candy for the kids (and sweet-toothed adults).
- Blue Line Grille makes the list on the merit of its grilled cheese alone, but the rest of the food is really good too. But be warned: this hockey themed restaurant/bar is right across from Console Energy Center, so it gets pretty crazy during Penguins games.
- The Dor-Stop is our favorite place for breakfast and brunch. Everything on the menu is delicious, and it’s the homey kind of place where you’re treated like family even if it’s your first time through the door. Plus, it’s a Guy Fieri Triple D Hotspot.
- The Grandview Saloon offers an unusual mix: a million dollar view and a reasonably priced menu. That’s why we love it, you can feel like a rock star feasting your eyes on the iconic view from the top of Mt. Washington while also feasting on tasty grub. Plus, check out their homemade chips: they taste like the ones at Someone Else’s Bar, but they’re waffle sliced!
Stay tuned for an update on this list in the near future.